Social Media & Community Manager
Title: Social Media & Community Manager
Remuneration: Depending on experience
Location: Cape Town
Education level: Diploma
Job level: Mid
Type: Permanent Contract
ELLE South Africa Editor-in-Chief and Digital Editor
Are you an innovative and experienced social media manager with an enthusiasm for a dynamic publishing environment? Do you have a broad understanding of multichannel content creation? Do you regularly keep up with developments in content creation for social media platforms? If you are not afraid of challenges and a fast-paced environment, then, please apply!
If you are highly creative, passionate, motivated and adaptable, and if you would like to contribute to the digital properties of a leading fashion magazine, send us your portfolio, your CV and a letter of motivation.
Social Media Manager Job Description
ELLE South Africa is on the hunt for a Social Media & Community Manager who will administer our social media platforms and the publication of our online and print magazine content; in addition he/ she will regularly monitor and correspond with our followers on all ELLE’s online platforms. The ELLE Social Media Manager is a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for connecting with readers, an enthusiasm for a fast-paced and dynamic environment in online publishing, as well as a keen interest in popular culture, fashion and topics that are of particular interest to women.
Essential Duties of the Social Media Manager
- Manage social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including:
- Develop relevant content topics to reach out readers;
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written);
- Monitor, listen and respond to ELLE’s online audience;
- Conduct online advocacy and open a stream for cross-promotions;
- Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts;
- Oversee design (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, Blog, etc.);
- Design, create and manage promotions and social ad campaigns;
- Manage efforts in building online reviews and reputation. Monitor online reviews and respond to each review;
- Analyse key metrics and tweak strategy as needed;
- Compile reports for management showing results (ROI);
- Become an advocate for the company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate;
- Demonstrate ability to map out a comprehensive marketing plan;
- Identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding the company. Report notable threats to appropriate management;
- Analyse campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media, content marketing, SEO and social advertising campaigns;
- Monitor effective benchmarks (Best Practices) for measuring the impact of social media campaigns;
- Analyse, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional marketing. Marketing degree is welcomed but not required with relevant work experience;
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media (Give links to profiles as examples);
- Proficient in content marketing theory and application;
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing;
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound;
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios;
- Maintains excellent writing and language skills;
- Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format;
- Great time management;
- Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues.
The position is full-time from our Cape Town office.
Please do not apply if you do not match the above requirements.
To apply please send the following:
- Social Media handles
- A letter of motivation
Please email email@example.com with the subject line ‘Social Media & Community Manager’ by 20th of May 2017.
CLOSING DATE: 20 May 2017
We value diversity in our people and actively seek out candidates from different cultures, backgrounds and areas of experience. Hence, preference shall be given to suitably qualified applicants from the designated groups as defined in the Affirmative Action Act, 29 of 1998.
If you have not heard from us within 14 working days of submitting your application then you have not been successful.