NDALO MEDIA PRESENTS ITS FIRST EDITION OF ELLE MAGAZINE!
Johannesburg, 26 June 2017
“Love is what brought us here.” These are the words referenced by Ndalo Media founder & CEO and now Publisher of ELLE magazine, Khanyi Dhlomo. Having been launched 10 years ago with the sole purpose of positively impacting lives, Ndalo Media is proud to officially present the first issue of ELLE magazine published under its banner.
With the theme #LoveIssue, this issue is undoubtedly equipped to positively impact the ELLE reader with fashion, lifestyle and beauty features that represent the brand personality – Sexy, Stylish, Spirited – and a new addition, Substance.
On the cover, we feature actress, entrepreneur, influencer, mother and wife, Enhle Mbali Maphumulo. Maphumulo’s identity as an advocate for love is beautifully captured in the ELLE Cover Feature, in which she says: “I’m teaching my sons that love isn’t a weakness…. the association is weak and negative, when in fact, love is about rising.”
The official Elle South Africa editorial team responsible for the #LoveIssue is comprised of:
- Emilie Gambade – Editor-in-Chief
- Asanda Sizani – Fashion & Beauty Director
- Kelly-Anne Knox – Creative Director
- Tidi Benbenisti – Managing Editor
- Malibongwe Tyilo – Digital Editor
- Dimeji Alara – Fashion Editor
- Lauren Nicoll – Beauty Editor
Regarding this issue, Dhlomo says: “We are extremely excited about our first edition of ELLE magazine as its #LoveIssue theme represents what Ndalo Media stands for – the knowledge that doing good with an attitude of love and excellence always amounts to good business. That same knowledge has driven all our initiatives as a business and led us to where we are today – celebrating 10 years of business. We hope you enjoy this issue and the many more to come. Onwards and Upwards!”
Gambade, who stayed on as Editor-in-Chief when Ndalo Media took over the publication of ELLE magazine, says, “Being on set with the team was an incredible experience of love – a powerful combo of serious enthusiasm, coupled with an unlimited supply of dedication that brings to life the powerful images you see in the magazine today.”
This week, Dhlomo together with Gambade and Ndalo Media’s Group Sales Director, Cilla Thompson, are headed to Versailles, France, where they will join the global ELLE team at the annual ELLE International Conference (EIC), an initiative that sees the global ELLE team connect and shares strategies aimed at strengthening ELLE’s position as the world’s leading fashion media brand.
In this issue, we bring you the features to which the ELLE reader is accustomed, along with boosting content in ELLE Career, ELLE Money and ELLE Drive sections.
Other features in this issue include:
- ELLE Column – A Labour of Love by Asanda Sizani. The fashion icon and influencer shares the process she undertook when putting together the styling for the cover shoot of the issue.
- ELLE Radar – We showcase the ELLE edit of this season’s hottest fashion and beauty trends and in ELLE Fella, Malibongwe Tyilo gives his take on what it means to love your heritage in a way that enables you to love the greater world community.
- ELLE Agenda – We give you a well-rounded perspective on the developments changing the world.
- ELLE Talent – In the feature From Here to Hyeres, we showcase the experience of award-winning visual artist, contemporary photographer, ELLE Style Reporter-winner and ELLE South Africa’s Photographer, Themba Mbuyisa, on his experience in the south of France, where he attended the 32nd Hyeres International Festival of Fashion and Photography.
Ndalo Media’s first issue of ELLE Decoration, the August edition, hits the shelves on 31 July 2017, while the company’s new Cape Town offices are set to open at the end of August 2017.
From the ELLE team, we hope you enjoy this issue and trust that it will encourage you to show up in excellence and love!
Engage with us!
ELLE South Africa
About Ndalo Media
Ndalo Media is a multi-platform media company which seeks to positively impact lives through the creation of compelling content and experiences. Since 2007, its diverse team has created content and experiences that empower, inform, entertain and inspire and has built strong relationships with readers across the continent. Ndalo Media has also honed its ability to connect its high-quality audience of approximately two million consumers in 13 African countries with brands across the continent. The organisation is 100% black-owned and boasts a diverse and predominantly female leadership.
For media enquiries, please see contact below:
Strategic Marketing Manager
Mobile: +2771 352 7395