Senior Features Writer
Title: Senior Features Writer
Remuneration: Depending on experience
Location: Cape Town
Education level: Diploma
Job level: Mid/ Senior
Type: Permanent Contract
ELLE South Africa Editor-in-Chief and Digital Editor
Are you an innovative writer who is outspoken, problem-solving, dynamic and enthusiastic? Do you have a broad understanding of multichannel content creation, digital as well as print publishing? If you are not afraid of challenges, an innovative approach to content creation, as well as a fast paced environment, then, please apply!
If you are highly creative, passionate, motivated and adaptable, and if you would like to contribute to the production of a leading fashion magazine, send us your portfolio, your CV and a letter of motivation.
Features Writer Job Description
ELLE South Africa is on the hunt for a senior features writer to work across digital and print magazine content. The person we are looking for should be highly motivated, a creative individual with experience and a passion for connecting with readers, an enthusiasm for a fast-paced and dynamic environment, as well as a keen interest in fashion, design, art and topics that are of particular interest to women. Candidates are required to write clear and crisp copy and have a background in features writing.
Essential Duties of the Features Writer
- Creating daily accurate and engaging short-form and long-form content for print and digital;
- Research and write compelling and original feature articles, profiles and editorials;
- Interview key industry players from the fields of interior design, fashion, art, culture, music, as well as celebrities;
- Keeping up to date on relevant lifestyle trends and news to inform article content;
- Represent our publication at conferences and industry events;
- Work with our team of editors to see your content through from raw copy to the printed page or published post;
- Relevant experience as a features writer;
- Relevant tertiary degree or qualification;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong grammatical understanding;
- Excellent general knowledge;
- Good teamwork skills;
- Demonstrated ability to produce accurate, error-free, engaging content timeously;
- Deadline driven;
- A working knowledge of WordPress
The position is full-time from our Cape Town office.
Please do not apply if you do not match the above requirements.
To apply please send the following:
- Examples of previous work/written articles
- A letter of motivation
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Senior Features Writer’ by 20th of May 2017.
CLOSING DATE: 20 May 2017
We value diversity in our people and actively seek out candidates from different cultures, backgrounds and areas of experience. Hence, preference shall be given to suitably qualified applicants from the designated groups as defined in the Affirmative Action Act, 29 of 1998.
If you have not heard from us within 14 working days of submitting your application then you have not been successful.